Beta-caryophyllene is a natural bicyclic sesquiterpene found in various plants, including black pepper, cloves, and cannabis. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it a popular ingredient in traditional medicine. Here are some of the reasons why beta-caryophyllene is good for you:
1. Anti-inflammatory effects: Beta-caryophyllene has been shown to have potent anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Inflammation is a natural response of the body to injury or infection, but chronic inflammation can lead to various health problems, including cancer, heart disease, and arthritis. By reducing inflammation, beta-caryophyllene may help prevent or manage these conditions.
2. Pain relief: Beta-caryophyllene has also been found to have analgesic properties, meaning it can help relieve pain. It does this by activating the CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system, which are involved in pain perception. This makes beta-caryophyllene a potential alternative to traditional painkillers that can have harmful side effects.
3. Neuroprotective effects: Beta-caryophyllene has been shown to have neuroprotective effects by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain. This makes it a potential treatment for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
Nano Cove has a complete supply chain for hemp and cannabis derived terpenes. We specialize in ISOLATED HEMP AND CANNABIS TERPENES. To order complete profiles or isolated terpenes call Charles @ 303-506-7132
Top 3 Authoritative Reference Publications/URLs:
1. Russo EB. Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. Br J Pharmacol. 2011 Aug;163(7):1344-64.
2. Gertsch J, Leonti M, Raduner S, et al. Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Jul 1;105(26):9099-104.
3. Sharma C, Al Kaabi JM, Nurulain SM, et al. The effects of plant-derived and synthetic agents on the human cannabinoid system. EXCLI J. 2011;10:267-90.